EarTrumpet is a novelty hearing application that consists of a hearing test simulator and personal sound amplification tool. This application is for entertainment purposes only.
EarTrumpet was created by Allen Foulad with the support of the Otolaryngology department at the University of California, Irvine.
The hearing test is intended for entertainment and demonstration purposes only. The information obtained from this application is not intended to be used in the diagnosis of any medical condition, including but not limited to hearing loss.
The personal sound amplifier enhances environmental sounds via the earphones attached to an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. This application is not intended to function as a hearing aid and should not be used to compensate for hearing impairment.
* A headset with a microphone is required for devices that do not have a built in microphone.
* A headset without a microphone can be used with the iPhone (all versions), iPad (all versions) and iPod (4g and newer) since these devices have a built-in microphone.
* If a headset with a microphone is used with a device that also has a built-in microphone, the microphone on the headset will automatically be used. There is no way to select to use the microphone on the device due limitations by Apple.
Sound Amplifier Features:
* Volume Boost enables intense volume amplification.
* Sound filters provide precise sound adjustment using preset and custom equalizer settings.
* Preset sound filters reduce unwanted noise and enhance common frequencies.
* Custom sound filters can be created and saved using a highly adjustable equalizer.
* Excessively loud sounds can be automatically detected and decreased.
* Volume and sound filters can be adjusted separately for the left and right ears.
* Bluetooth is not supported at this time. We are working on making this a fully supported feature.
Simulated Hearing Test Features:
* Graphical view of results.
* Text description of the results.
* Option to save and email the results.
* The personal sound amplifier does not amplify phone calls or music played through the device. It only amplifies sounds from the surrounding environment.
* Older iPhone and iPod models (ie: first generation) may produce choppy sound when using complex sound filters.
* The results from your personal hearing test cannot be used as a filter for your sound amplification.
* EarTrumpet is not a substitute for professional medical care.
If you have any difficulty with the application please email EarTrumpetSupport@gmail.com in order to obtain a prompt solution.